Health and Safety
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Policy:
BOTAS, one of Turkey’s leading institutions, has adopted the goal of being the safest establishment and has accepted a positive safety culture in occupational health and safety by exceeding the legislation and information level.
Our organization, which has made occupational health and safety a constitution for years, has provided the conditions brought by the legal regulations and standards. BOTAS takes progressive and proactive steps to ensure that not only the employees but also the contractors, subcontractors, trainees, and visitors have access to OHS awareness. The transition to the high-level TS ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Systems standard, which was announced in 2018 and declared that the risk was not only a threat but also had an opportunity within it, has carried out quickly and smoothly. In this situation, the adopted OHS culture has played a leading role beside the OHS studies that have been going on for years.
BOTAŞ became the first public institution to receive the TS ISO 45001: 2018 Occupational Health and Safety Systems Standard certificate, which has a high-level structure in terms of Occupational Health and Safety and issued by Turkish Standards Institute (TSE).
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Methods and Tools:
BOTAŞ provides a safe working environment by using the following methods and tools, that it has applied and internalized for many years.
- Taking proactively every precaution with the positive OHS culture,
- Evaluating the all kind of issues by using near-miss forms, then taking action and following up,
- Improving the working conditions of employees by corrective action method,
- Conducting regularly health screening on the legislative framework,
- Carrying out OHS audits for all stakeholders, personnel, contractors, subcontractors, trainees and visitors, and to identify the hazards at all sources and identifying the hazards at source,
- Ensuring that all people serving BOTAŞ, not only the employee, use personal protective equipment and taking measures,
- Beyond the legal and other requirements, increasing the number of certified first-aid personnel on a voluntary basis and giving regular first-aid awareness training throughout our Corporation,
- Performing a risk assessment, taking necessary measures and keeping them updated,
- Keeping the entire organization's OHS performance at peak with performance assessments,
- Starting the day with zero work accident motto and taking all necessary measures,
- Making studies and approaches sustainable through a large team of occupational safety specialists,
- Implementing the work permits procedure (including the contractor) in all work done in our Corporation,
- Keeping the employees and emergency teams ready for emergencies by carrying out emergency drill every year and receiving the training.